cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP Settings Revisited

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

Currently, when one initiates an RDP connection through an OP device you get a .rdp file with it set to full screen. I want to be able to set my own resolution without having to save the file, edit it, and then connect. I run at HD resolutions, but want my RDP sessions at 1280x1024 because I’ll often have 15 or 20 RDP sessions and another dozen applications open at once, obviously not all through OP since it only allows one. OP admins should be able to specify at what resolution the generic RDP file is set to when it downloads.

2 Replies 2

Michael Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

We had this feature in during the 'Thunderbolt' early field trial of OnPlus, but it was removed to simplify the interface. You can work around this issue by instead clicking on the 'stick pin' icon when opening the tunnel, which copies the "dns_name:port" into your clipboard, and then manually launch your RDP application and paste that in for the server address. You should be able to save your prefered resolution, color depth, etc, into your RDP application's default settings.

I'd also love to see the return of this 'advanced' setting in the RDP tunnel interface. As always, your feedback here helps us get these kinds of enhancements the attention and priority they deserve.

-mike

I know that can be done, but it's a royal pain.  Given the rest of the complexity for reporting, device configuration, etc..., having one more screen that sets options for RDP won't complicate anything.  The whole idea is simple management access for VARs and copy/paste into a generic .rdp file is just an extra unnecssary step.