cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Jabber SDK connect to this pre-existing device?

evandefend
Level 1
Level 1

I am an intern trying to develop a web application that will call users in my organization. I am using the Jabber SDK and the Jabber Browser Plugin. Most users in my organization have a Cisco IP Communicator line with an associated number, and I'm hoping to use this line with the SDK. I can open the 'sample.html' file included in the sdk in a browser, and connect successfully by filling out the 'User Name', 'Password', and 'CUCM' forms. I set 'Mode' to 'DeskPhone'. A device then appears in the 'device:' dropdown; however, when  clicking 'connect' I get 'Unable to login: Login Error eDeviceRegCouldNotConnect'.

Is it possible to do what I am describing: connect to a pre-existing deskphone for Cisco IP Communicator through the Jabber SDK? What other information do I need to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Evan

3 Replies 3

tinghche
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Evan,

Jabber SDK can control both Deskphone and Softphone as long as the devices are associated to the login user.

What's the CUCM version you are connecting to? And what are the versions of Plugin and SDK?

It will be helpful if you could post the screenshot here.

Thanks,

Howard

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. In response to your questions:

Jabber SDK version 9.2.5

Jabber plugin version 3.0.5.156990

Unfortunately I don't yet have access to my organization's CUCM yet, I am waiting to hear back from administrators. I can post more information about the CUCM when I get access.

'Login' works, 'Connect' does not. The device listed is the only one available. Any suggestions on things to try while I'm waiting? I'll update as soon as I hear back about the CUCM.

tinghche
Level 5
Level 5

Evan,

Make sure the end user is part of "Standard CTI Enabled" group, this will allow the user to control the deskphone.

If you are still facing the problem, please have the CUCM admin to check to make sure the tftp server and server with cti service are the same for this user. If they are different, you can put 2 different IP addresses as CUCM server seperated by "," when login.

Hope this help

Howard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: