cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to call a number through Cisco Jabber from a windows application in .Net ?

kanusha
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a CISCO Jabber API to dial a number from custom windows application in .Net. I need a C# code to dial number from windows application.

4 Replies 4

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Apologies for the delay in responding to you. I have moved your post under Jabber community for more visibility by the support engineers. Please check this url - Jabber Voice Web SDK on Mac OS for related information.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

The Jabber desktop clients register protocol handlers, which you should be able to call pretty easily from C#:

Cisco Jabber 11.0 Deployment and Installation Guide - Cisco Jabber Reference Information [Cisco Jabber for Windows] - C…

You might also want to check into the CUCM WebDialer API:

Cisco DevNet: WebDialer - WebDialer

Hi

Thanks for your input. I was able to dial the number from my application.

But we also have a requirement to track an incoming call from CISCO jabber and then tie that contact number to the application.

Is there a way to track the incoming call number if so can you help me on this.

That will be a bit more involved...you will need to use the CUCM CTI APIs to monitor and receive real-time events for IP phones:

Cisco DevNet: JTAPI

Cisco DevNet: TAPI

Note, these are very similar APIs, the main difference being libraries based on Java vs. C/C++.  Note, it can be a bit challenging to use Java or C/C++ libraries from within .NET...I believe some developers have had success via the 3rd party ATAPI project (not Cisco supported:) GitHub - markjulmar/atapi.net: Managed library for TAPI development with .NET

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: