Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable the message box for Cisco Web Communicator

ProblemPig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can anyone guide me how to make the Jabber setting to always allow the page to control desk phone or to access microphone and camera? At the same time, the page don't show this message box anymore.

Please help. Thank you very much.

7 Replies 7

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Benny,

Always Allow means Website permitted to use the plugin during the current visit and for all future visits by the same user from the same client machine.

If the site was not previously authorized by the user or administrative whitelist, and the application provides a delayedUserAuth callback, the application must use the showUserAuthorization API and successfully authorize the site to the user before using the CWIC API.

The showUserAuthorization API will result in the user authorization dialog being shown. If the user chooses "allow" or "allow always", the settings.ready callback will be called as normal. If the user chooses "deny", the denied callback provided to the showUserAuthorization API will be called, and the application should not use the CWIC API or plug-in. Once the user has denied authorization, most CWIC API calls will result in the error NotUserAuthorized.

Reference - https://developer.cisco.com/site/collaboration/jabber/websdk/develop-and-test/voice-and-video/downloads-and-docs/access-control-dialog/

Thanks and Regards,
Geevarghese

Hi Geevarghese,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I had choose "Always Allow" for the first time. But the problem is the @showUserAuthorization API still keep calling for next time by the same user from the same client machine.

From the user whitelist, I found that my boolean value for the key(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Web Communicator\AlwaysAllow) already set to 1. At the same time, I created the administrator whitelist(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Web Communicator\AlwaysAllow) in order to allow domain to remember my setting.

Is that any other setting that I need to configure? Thank you.

Best regards.

Benny

Hi Benny,

Just want to check a couple of things first, and I apologize in advance if I haven't understood you correctly.

Can anyone guide me how to make the Jabber setting to always allow the page to control desk phone or to access microphone and camera? At the same time, the page don't show this message box anymore.

I had choose "Always Allow" for the first time. But the problem is the @showUserAuthorization API still keep calling for next time by the same user from the same client machine.

First, you have clicked on "always allow", and after that, the message box (you've attached the picture) has stopped appearing?

If that's the case, that's how it's supposed to work. And it should just keep working without the allow message box the next time you start.

But, from what you wrote, it seems that your browser kept asking you to allow use of your devices, even after you've clicked on "always allow"?

BTW, which operating system are you using? Also, which browser? And are you accessing a local, intranet, or internet domain?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to make sure that I understand the situation.

Regards,

Milutin

Hi Milutin,

First, you have clicked on "always allow", and after that, the message box (you've attached the picture) has stopped appearing?

No, the message box still appearing even after I have clicked on "Always Allow".

Browser: Google chrome(version 37.0.2062.103 m), Firefox, IE 11

Domain: Local(using fix IP address)

Best regards,

Benny

nzikic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Benny,

Are you running the page from the web server (remote or localhost)?

Or are you running the page from your computer (for example file:///C:/page.html)?

Before 9.2 MR7, if the page is ran from the computer, "Always allow" doesn't work for that use case.

Since MR7 the is no "Always Allow" button if the page is ran from the computer.

Which version of the plug-in are you using?

Kind regards,

Nenad

Hi Nenad,

I'm running the page from my computer.

Currently I'm using JabberSDK-voice-video-WebVersion9.2_MR2.

Before 9.2 MR7, if the page is ran from the computer, "Always allow" doesn't work for that use case.

Since MR7 the is no "Always Allow" button if the page is ran from the computer.

Is that any other method to solve this problem if I want continue using 9.2_MR2?

Or any version is highly recommend in order to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Benny

Hi Benny,

You can set up the local web server, and run the page from localhost. This way, clicking 'Always allow' will whitelist the page and you won't get the dialog again for that page.

If you upgrade to MR7, you will always get the dialog for the page that is being ran from my computer (file system), but it won't show "Always allow" button (just "Allow" and "Deny"). So i guess an upgrade won't solve your problem with the dialog, but the dialog isn't being misleading at least.

Regards,

Nenad