Views
Helpful
Replies

IM archiving and Jabber SDK

hiwasaka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

One of our solution partners have a simple third party XMPP client which shows Jabber presence ball(WebEx Messanger).

Actually, an access from the XMPP client denied under the following condition.

When the IT admin turns on IM Archiving feature on WebEx Messaner Admin site, it is not possible to login to a WebEx Messanger account using a third party XMPP client by the following restriction.

-------------------

WBX55044

It is not possible to login to a Connect account using a third party XMPP client (such as Adium or Pidgin) if: 

?IM logging is enabled for the domain. This limitation is in place because WebEx has no way to notify the third party XMPP client that IM logging is turned on.

?The domain is configured for Single Sign-On (SSO).

--------------------

Are there the same issue in Jabber SDK? (If the partner create ther XMPP client using Jabber SDK, does the partner avoid the issue?)

Best regards,

Hideaki

1 Reply 1

tinghche
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Hideaki,

I'm not 100% sure and I never tried Webex archiving feature. I know that the on-Prem (CUPS) persistent chat solution does support XMPP client. And CAXL is http binding xmpp based library so I assume it would work.

Here is the link about CUPS persistent chat flow

Cisco Collaboration System 9.x Solution Reference Network Designs (SRND) - Cisco IM and Presence [Cisco Unified Communic…

Regards,

Howard