Views
Helpful
Replies

MPP Phone Remote SDK Enhancement Request - POST XML Objects

Stephen Welsh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Now that I have a fully functional MPP Phone Websocket service in place and able to take screenshots and send keys etc. I was looking to also push XML Service content via the existing Websocket connection. Looking through the documentation I cannot find any way to send XML objects (i.e. CiscoIPPhoneText) via the Phone Remote SDK.

I can see you can push content via SIP NOTIFY messages or HTTP POST to /CGI/Execute, however we do not have SIP integration available and accessing the phone web server directly is not feasible for home worker scenarios etc. It would be ideal (and simple to add) an additional Request-URI to accept XML Objects so a single integration can have a more complete set of capabilities, or even for the Request-URI to accept a URL that the phone will "browse" too.

Kind Regards

Stephen Welsh

2 Replies 2

rasengot@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can push configuration for XML applications either via Remote SDK or via standard provisioning server you have. Tokens that enables this feature are XML_Application_Service_URL, XML_Application_Service_Name, XML_User_Name, XML_Password. If configured correct, device will reach out to the URL with given user name and password.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks, appreciation the suggestion.

I'm aware of the ability to set the Service URL. Using the Service URL could impact an existing configuration (or be restored) and would require a second step to open the service.

I was looking at something more direct/instant to cover the ability to send text messages and/or audio paging, basically equivalent to the SIP NOTIFY capability but via the existing web socket connection.

Kind Regards

Stephen Welsh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: