cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing custom ANI infromation in jabber Guest to Sip server on a per call basis

we have the need to pass the ANI caller id from a jabber guest session per user. example user with id 8888885551 calls in and user 8668668665 also calls the same incoming link to our customer care center. we need the id to be passed in the call as the sip caller id. is this possible on a per call instance by passing a parameter to the session via the ios sdk?

Thank you all for your support

7 Replies 7

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may to use the Links API to create a link with a unique caller ID, and send the resulting URL to the client/app for one-time use. This implies a server-side app that uses links API and coordinates caller IDs with client instances (you will probably require a 'agent' like app inside the enterprise.)

The Jabber Guest SDK for Web demo available under downloads covers the link create with caller id approach. 

we attempted that and are using the api but are doing a lot of updates to links hundreds and are getting a 500 error if the link is all ready there causing a delay in updating additional links

Hi Scott,

I think the recommended approach is to create new URLs with with Links API for each new customer. Are you able to try that?

Thanks,

Adrienne

we are doing that but error handleing has become an issue. since we are dealing with so many links we have a need to update links in the database, remove and create new. as we have the API running we are seeing some strange behaviors. we are getting 500 errors if we try to repopulate an exhisting link, we are not getting correct results from searches and recieving the 500 server error on updating links as well. a much better error handleing system and better documentation would be helpful. some allowable syntax would be nice as well.

Hi Scott,

We will need to look at your requests to understand the nature of the errors. A Sniffer trace (Fiddler/pcap) capturing the problem and Jabber Guest server logs would be required to investigate further.

Can you please open a Developer Support case for this issue at - https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support/ ? That would enable proper tracking, notification and escalation.

Thanks,

Smita

thank you for the reply as i do not yet own this product (was testing looking at a potential purchase) i am not interested in opening a paid support ticket. we can end this thread here and i will look elsewhere

Hi Scott,

First of all, thanks for the interest in the Jabber Guest product!

The support ticket was suggested so we could ensure best results with respect to escalation and tracking. If you can provide the sniffer trace and the Jabber Guest server logs, we can look into it further.

Regards,

Smita

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: