cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rendering Preview view/Self-view when remote end not joined the call in REM android

gahonava
Level 1
Level 1

HI Team

How to render Self view/Preview when the remote is not joined the call. Self-view displays or frame size changed event is only called when remote end joins the call in android.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Regards,

Gautam 

10 Replies 10

sumit13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gautam,

For an android client application, please refer the advanced developer guide. Below is the link for that.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/remote_expert_mobile/remote_expert_mobile_1161/program/guide/Cisco_Remote_Expert_Mobile_11_6_1_10000_7_Advanced_Developers_Guide.pdf

On page 52 of this guide you will find Video Views and Preview Views. Under this section you can find information about the method setPreviewView which is used for self preview/local preview.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Sumit 

HI Sumit

Thanks for your reply.

We are doing the same thing, however self view view is visible whenever remote end joins the call, We want self view to visible irrespective of whether the remote end joins the call or not.

Regards,

Gautam 

Hi Gautam,

Please make sure you are using setPreviewView method inside the OnSessionStarted callback. If you are using this inside onCreate, try to use it under OnSessionStarted and let us know the results.

Regards,
Sumit

HI Sumit,

I tried setting the preview as per your suggestion on OnSessionStarted method , but still i do not see preview/Self View. 

onFrameSizeChanged event is not at all called .

Can you suggest any other alternative?

Regards,

Gautam

Hi Gautam,

Hope you are doing good!

If you want to add a preview window (a window which displays the video which is being sent to the other endpoint) before a call is established, you can call the UC.phone.setPreviewElement function. An appropriate time to do this is in the UC.onInitialised callback:

UC.onInitialised = function() {

UC.phone.setPreviewElement(document.getElementById('local')); };

Above thing is mentioned on the page no. 14 of  Advanced_Developers_Guide.pdf, once try this, it might help you. 

Regards,

Nisha

HI Nisha,

is this solution for android?

I don't see any onInitialised method for android also setPreviewElement method.

Regards,

Gautam

Hi Gautam,

My bad that was for different platform, could you please share your piece of code to get to know how you are defining setPreviewView method?

Regards,

Nisha

HI Nisha

Please find my code below

@Override
public void onSurfaceRenderingStarted(VideoSurface videoSurface) {
Log.d(TAG, "in onSurfaceRenderingStarted");
if (videoSurface == localVideoSurface) {
this.mediaManager.setPreviewView(videoSurface);
}
}
};