Views
Helpful
Replies

Ability to secure/encrypt messages sent using UCCX CTI Protocol

alan.mcdougall
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 3rd-party application which communicates to UCCX 8.5 via the CTI Protocol.  This has been previously developed, and is working successfully.

As part of this, it creates a socket connection to UCCX.  I've been looking through the docs (CTI Protocol Developer Guide and Administration Guide), but I don't see a way to secure the socket connection (ie, by adding security certificates).

My questions are:

1. Is there a way to secure the socket connection?

2. What is the name of the component/service on UCCX that manages the port that the CTI Protocol connects to?

3. What documents/guides should I be looking in to find information on the administration of the port that the CTI Protocol connects to?

Apologies for the slightly newbie questions, I'm familiar with the development side of CTI, rather than administering the UCCX server...

Regards,

Alan

3 Replies 3

alan.mcdougall
Level 1
Level 1

Also note, I've found the UCCX port utilisation guide (http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851pug.pdf), and from this I'm assuming it's the UCCX 'CTI Server' is the component name that binds to the port.  This still doesn't indicate anything around separate secured ports, and the administration guide doesn't have anything either, apart from the fact the default port number is read-only and not editable.

Thank you for the response Raghavendra, and for pointing me towards more specific docs.

Unless I'm missing something though, I don't think the install-guide documentation link you posted helps in my situation, as I'm looking to see if the socket connection to the port can be secured.  That section only seems to refer to the IP address being specified  (I appreciate it does give me some more background on the general UCCX setup however, which is useful for me).

I've taken your point posting in the correct forum, and have now shifted this question over to Ability to secure/encrypt messages sent using UCCX CTI Protocol

Thanks for the reply,

Alan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: