Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find CUCM URL from a CEC User Id

sbejawad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am from DFT Team , we are building Click To Video solution from browser. We were able to establish video call between Browser and phone.

Steps we followed to make video call:

1. User will logged into our application using CEC Id and password .

2. We picked up user's CUCM url from phone.cisco.com popup after providing userid and password's from java program(We mimic the browser call from program).

3. Using this CUCM url we were able to identify the TFTP server IPs and host names using UDS Query API.

4. We are able to establish the video call from the browser to a phone using above information and Jabber SDK API(CWIC).

Question/Problem:   Our application is no longer required User id and passwords. It's going to use OAuth and we will be having only CEC User id. Is there any way to identify the CUCM Url(phone.cisco.com pop up URL) using the CEC Id.?

Thanks,

Sivaganga Bejawada

1 Reply 1

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Siva,

Iam not sure if a enduser id will provide CUCM ip or not . I came across this document on OAuth . Request to refer this

CUCM 10.x SAML/SSO with ADFS2.0 | Other Collaboration, Voice, and Video Subjects | Cisco Support Community | 5791 | 1215…https://techzone.cisco.com/t5/Other-CUCM-Applications/CUCM-10-x-SAML-SSO-with-ADFS2-0/ta-p/466577 and can configure System > SAML Single Sign-On menu path to configure SAML SSO . then to retrieve by using  axl method the cucm end users  corresponding to the CUCM ip which the user is registered and match it with the username in the url. Not sure. Just put my thoughts.

If you were able to resolve the issue please post your findings.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: