cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple TSPs

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have multiple TSPs installed on the same machine? In my environment I have two separate CUCM's, one is version 6.1 and the other is version 8.6.

Thanks,

Ben

1 Reply 1

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben,

I think Its possible. 

The Cisco Unified TAPI solution allows you to install multiple Cisco Unified TAPI Service Providers (TSPs) on the same machine. This configuration allows TAPI applications to increase the number of lines that can be supported and to increase the amount of call traffic. Configure each Cisco Unified TSP with a different username and password that is administered in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Directory. Configure each user in the Directory, so no two users are associated to the same device. TSPs in the multiple TSP system do not communicate with each other and create a separate computer telephony integration (CTI) connection to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

In the Cisco Unified TAPI solution, the TAPI application and Cisco Unified TSP get installed on the same machine. The Cisco Unified TAPI application and Cisco Unified TSP do not directly interface with each other. A layer written by Microsoft sits between the TAPI application and Cisco Unified TSP. This layer, known as TAPISRV, allows the installation of multiple TSPs on the same machine, and it hides that fact from the Cisco Unified TAPI application. The only difference to the TAPI application is that it is now informed that there are more lines that it can control.

Reference - Multiple Cisco Unified TSPs

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese