Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone-related dialing / Call duration

Agor85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello DevCommunity,

I have two questions, which I cannot answer due to lack of DevExperience. I hope you can help out?

1. If a call iis opened via TAPI, is the call dialed by the user's hw phone, or is it initiated by CUCM and the phone is just connected?

2. Is it possible to gather the call duration after hook on via TAPI?

Many thanks!

1 Reply 1

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. The call is initiated via the CTI manager and then connects the two phone devices.

2. I am pretty sure for this one you could derive the duration time through CTI event messages that are sent to your TAPI app while montioring the devices and the call.  You should be getting events for when the call is connected and when it is disconnected.  You can view this in your TAPI logs.  Beyond that, if you can deal with the data in a less than realtime scenario you can pull the CDR records using the CDRonDemand API in the Serviceability APIs https://developer.cisco.com/site/sxml/discover/overview/cdr-on-demand/.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: