cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCsr31403 - AnyConnect and CSD images and client profiles are not copied to standby.

Hello All,

I would not consider this to be bug. Filesystem on the ASA firewalls is not automatically replicating/copying from active unit to standby. I have never seen such a behavior. It is same analogy as with the OS - if you need to do the OS upgrade, you copy the image manually to both and then do the upgrade. Same applies for ASDM, Anyconnect images etc as far as I know. 

Jaro

2 Replies 2

thiland
Level 3
Level 3

While I might agree for AC and CSD binary images, the XML profiles should absolutely be replicated across in an A/S pair just like a standard configuration change.

I don't know if there's a technical limitation to doing this for the Cisco DEs, but if any of them administer an ASA VPN pair they would know how ridiculous it is to manually copy files between a cluster just because you checked a new feature box for an AnyConnect profile in ASDM. 

Yes, I agree absolutely. So it turns out that there is an issue with anything what requires copy/replication of "file" (created after configuring the AC profile) from active to standby device. If it is related to the "config" itself, that is replicated without any issue.