cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCsw72963 - ASA local address pools should support DHCP reservations/assignments - 1

datacareinc
Level 1
Level 1

We have several remote offices connected with ASA 5506 and it would be very helpful if we could do static resetations for devices in DHCP Server. I would look forward to this feature coming available. 

6 Replies 6

wwbarnes
Level 1
Level 1

Seems this is stilll an issue with the New Firepower ASA as well? 

Yes it is. I have a 5506X and have submitted a ticket to request this feature. Can't for the life of me figure out why its not apart of the code. Even the most basic consumer router has this feature.

I knew the PIX 501 / ASA 5505s didn't have this feature (and at the time we didn't need it) ... now it would come in quite handy.  After we got our 1st 5506 found out it wasn't there either - and they stripped features from the 5505 we did like/need - the PoE ports, the VPN LED.....5506 was kind of a letdown.  I just noticed this enhancement was opened in 2015?  I don't think they're going to do anything about it.

So, this bug is finally marked "Fixed" as of today, but the list of "Known Fixed Releases" makes no sense (https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCsw72963/?rfs=iqvred):

201.4(10.40)
201.4(1.184)
201.1(15.158)
99.13(1.3)

Does anyone know what these version numbers refer to? Because it sure isn't ASA firmware versions; they only go up to 9.12(2) as of right now.  This isn't the first time I've seen these weird ASA version numbers in a bug, and others have noted them, too (https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-bug-discussions/weird-asa-release-numbers-referenced-201-1-10-5/td-p/3092908)

What an annoying limitation that the addresses have to be inside the pool...

I agree.  That is why I mothballed our 5506 back in 2018 and went with an alternative vendor.  Even the ISR line of routers can either do a pool or a reservation in or out of the DHCP pool range.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: