Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCub72346 - Refresh Upgrade failing to 8.6.2 and above in Install DB Component

Since I have lost a full day with this bug I think that it is worth to publish it on the community for better visiblity.

I was doing a refresh upgrade during the Jump Upgrade procedure (7.1.5 --> 9.1.2) when I hit the bug.

I was lucky that I was working on the Isolated network under VMware (snapshot !!!) but if it happens
during an upgrade on production MCS servers you can loose a long time

Be aware that it is present if the CUCM servers are configured with a subnet mask other than /24         

Christian Chautems

3 Replies 3

Wes Sisk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Christian,  Thank you for bringing this up. What was your subnet configuration and platformxml that caused you to encounter this issue?  Regards, Wes

Hey,

The customer's subnet where the servers are installed is a /16.

I have just reconfigured the netmask / GW and the upgrade went well (you could not do that on a production network !!!)

For me this bug is not a minor one and also it exists since quiet a while the BugID was for 8.6.2
and I had it on 9.1.2.

Regards

Christian

Thank you Christian.  What was your upgrade path?  CSCub72346 is Duplicate of CSCtt17619 which was supposed to be fixed in 9.0. Thought the diffs look like they also might only apply to configuring from CLI. This may be a migration issue in which we don't have a way of updating the value in platformxml prior to upgrade.  Regards, Wes