Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCur19653 - WSA certs being signed SHA1 with SHA256 CA - RSA

Hi there,

I had WSA with version 7.7.0-195 and was having troubles with certificates and SHA256/SHA1 as reported in BUG CSCur19653. I decided to upgrade to version 8.8.0-085 (the latest available from upgrade path from version 7.7.0-195). But the error from CSCur19653 remains on 8.8.0-085 also. Anybody knows which version I should use to overcome this problem?

2 Replies 2

cosmin.surghe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Julijan,

I also encountered this behavior on our WSA (version 8.8.0-085) and I asked a TAC Engineer if bug #CSCur19653 is also affecting this version. Please find below the response I received from him:

• Before 8.5.x versions, WSA generates self signed certificate and CSR with 1024 bit RSA key and SHA-1 support, however from 8.5.x version and onwards, the key length for SSL certificates generated or processed (both, self signed as well as CSR) by the appliance is 2048 bits.
  • From 8.5.2 version and onwards, we can generate self signed certificate with SHA-2 support however CSR will still be downloaded with SHA-1.

So if your appliance is at 8.8 and you are still experiencing the issue, you have to generate a new self signed certificate from WSA which will support SHA2.

In my case the issue disappeared after I upgraded our appliance to a higher version (we upgraded because there is no TLS support for v1.1 and 1.2 in AsyncOS version 8.8.0-085).

Regards.

Thank you for your response.

Meanwhile I've upgraded my appliance to version 10.1.0-204.

In this version I do not have this issue anymore and this complies with your post also.

Thanks again for you post.

Regards, J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: