cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCut04694 - RV325 Router freezes and requires a reboot to recover

jvillegas2
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV325 with firmware version 1.1.1.19 and it freezes randomly at least once a day.  Any fix? Need to know if one is coming or will have to return the product

18 Replies 18

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There will be a fix the DEV team would be working on something as service affecting as this , the problem is they do not supply etas for software issues so u could be waiting or 1 could appear next week depending

Try roll back to a firmware release before 1.1.1.12 see if that resolves it until a newer release is available

Thanks for your response markmalone2008.  The original thread I found actually dealt with RV325 units that randomly freeze with firmware 1.1.1.12 and that ver 1.1.1.19 fixes that issue.  However my device (brand new) came with ver 1.1.1.19. 

I think I will just return this unit for another.

Thanks again

Still having the same issue - Cisco had replaced the RV325.  The firmware was ver 1.1.1.19.  Right now I removed all mission critical production out of this router.  I'm not confident of its reliability.  Any updates from Cisco??

Same problem here, but cisco wont help me.

Router crased every week, we must reset de router every time. suport is 4 days over time so cisco dont want to help us :)

not very frequent freeze but it seems that it is very sensible to IP conflict, and I was wondering if you had the same experience.

Conversely, is there a setting to have a notification or log report instead of complete freeze in that situation.

Any input welcome.

We had the same issue at my company and after weeks of looking at the log files  getting replacement router and new firmwares - The issue was a bug in the RV325 firmware.  We ended up oping to get refund on the router from cisco.

I recently bought RV325. I faced with this issue for the last 2 weeks.

CISCO needs to look at this and get it sort out asap

I am considering to return this to base as well.

Still have this issue on daily basis.. Restart helps

I have about 4-5 of these deployed in my company.   Only the main HQ

router with about 10 IPSec tunnels freezes once a week.   Every morning

at 6am I check my remote connectivity just to know if I have to drive in

by 7am before the users come in!   Its crazy to have to deal with this.

I have the latest 1.1.3.19 firmware and its still an issue...

Any fix??

marct1272
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few clients with either RV320's or RV 325's.  In the past week after 6 months of trouble free operation, 1 of them started experiencing this issue.  The RV325 in question was shipped with firmware v1.1.1.12 and was upgraded to v1.1.1.19 before being put into production.  I do see that there is a newer firmware available (v1.2.1.13) but the Resolved Issues section makes no mention of fixing random freezes.  Any  word on when this might be addressed or do I have my client return their device for a different one?

BLGUNNERZ
Level 1
Level 1
  • I also have the RV325 running 1.1.1.19 and I notice that the external ip goes into a connected (inactive) state, but I also noticed that the host cannot reach the gateway (router) address until I reboot the router at least once a day.  I would like assistance trying to determine the problem.  I do run 2 vlans, and some other networking devices off the RV325 and I think I will try to check reliability after isolating the router.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.

bruce00010
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client with two RV325 routers (one is a spare) and both freeze. They had 1.1.1.19 and updated to 1.2.1.14 but same problem. Reboot and goes fine for a while and freezes again.. Need a fix Cisco.

senglish
Level 1
Level 1

As of 02/20/16, Cisco does not have a workaround for this RV325 randomly freezing.  They sent me v1.2.1.13ts-8ARP but it did not fix the freezing. They are refunding me the purchase price.  They asked that I continue running a syslog server so that DEV team can work on a solution but it would not be soon.  I opted for the refund.

I have the same issue with two RV325, one with v1.2.1.14 and the other with v1.3.1.10!!!

any news about when a hotfix will be available?