cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuu36639 - Packet Drop with Crypto hardware accelerator IPsec ring timed out error

mcculloughm
Level 1
Level 1

Any time frame for a resolution to this? Had to take a brand new 5506-x out of service and replace with a 5505 temporarily. VPN flapping constantly, massive intermittent latency 10000 + msec. Voice calls traveling through this device virtually useless.

5 Replies 5

callison2
Level 1
Level 1

I had to do the same, and now I have several vpn dependent deployments that are being held up.

We would really appreciate an update on this bug!!

9.4(1)5 was released on 08/03/2015. It seems this annoying bug is finally fixed.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/280775065/125596/ASA-941-Interim-Release-Notes.html

After deploying this patch, it seems one of our 5506's is still throwing ipsec ring errors. :( This was after we tested the patch on a live 5506 for a couple weeks, that had no issues. I wonder if there is a possible hardware issue going on too?

Have you try the version 9.5(1) ?

kenmcgowan
Level 1
Level 1

We had a ping going across one of our VPN tunnels which was causing the error.  Once we stopped the ping, the crypto IPSec ring error stopped.  It was only for one of our tunnels, not sure why at this point.