Helpful
Replies

CSCuv26804 - Iosd Crash with dhcp snooping enabled

mmrrittner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello togehter,

I get this crashinfo from our customer for a WS-C4510R+E with 3.10 :

[HA] bury_child: Service name: IOSd service, Pid: 5792, exit code: 11, cwd: /var/sysmgr/work, core dump = 0
[HB] bury_child: Stopping the timer for service "IOSd service" , its getting terminated.

and this is also this crashinfo:
hap_sup_reset: vdc 1, reset_reason 2 which could match my problem.
I think a meet this bug CSCuv26804.
Is this assumption correct, when I analyzse the customer issue, because the switch restarted. The Customer have the 3.10 (15.2.6E) and I think the CSCuv26804 is also affected for this release, correct?

best regards
Michael

1 Reply 1

BornJames
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same crash and the same logs were present in the crasinfo, however dhcp snooping is disabled on this switch, so dont think it is the dhcp snooping fault

Did you run any commands prior to the crash ?

In my case I run my script(have been running for some time no issues) that collects data from all the switches and a few minutes later it crashed, I was thinking if it could be something similar like in nexus switches with the "Sysmgr volatile memory" bug which basically crash reboots switch once /dev/shm dir gets to 100% and it is apparently only in System version: 5.0(2)N2(1) versions.

Also the Known Affected Releases 15.2(3.7.1E) of this bug is and in my case its 152-7.E 

Not sure if the Known Affected Release means my version as well.