cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuy01698 - VPN BSOD on Wndows 8.1 and Windows 10 - 1

cmellenkruger
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had success working around or solving the BSOD DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL.  This is AnyConnect 4.2.01035.  There are other versions experiencing this also.  

5 Replies 5

larry.tenison
Level 1
Level 1

Just ran into this w/ version 4.2.06020.  Is there a fix?

bob
Level 1
Level 1

For a few years, I've been running Cisco Any Connect 3.1 because their latest version, 4.2 causes blue screen of death BSOD driver corrupted expool errors whenever I use it.

This page on their site talks about this being a known bug.
https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuy01698

However, as of this morning, they have decided to auto-update me to 4.2.01035 and now the nightmare has started all over again.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice now, hoping to figure out how to stop the auto update. There are messages about using the anyconnectlocalpolicy.xml file to turn off auto updates:
<BypassDownloader>true</BypassDownloader>

However, that does not exist in my directory, so that must be applicable to an older version.

The above page says it is a known issue in 4.2 and it also says it's been fixed in 4.2 but it is auto-updating to 4.2 and still errors.

I installed Cisco AnyConnect v. 4.4.03034 on my Win 10 box and it is working fine now.  FYI

cgallego1
Level 1
Level 1

@cmellenkruger wrote:

Has anyone had success working around or solving the BSOD DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL.  This is AnyConnect 4.2.01035.  There are other versions experiencing this also.  

My Windows 10 laptop continues to crash unexpectedly and I believe it due to AnyConnect ! I have version 4.7.03052. Is anyone experiencing this in 2019?

@cgallego1 wrote:

@cmellenkruger wrote:

My Windows 10 laptop continues to crash unexpectedly and I believe it due to AnyConnect ! I have version 4.7.03052. Is anyone experiencing this in 2019?

Constantly every day. Every time I disconnect from a client system I get a BSOD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: