Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvc46415 - CIPC intermittent crash during use

5isupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone have any clue what module CSCvc46415 crashes on ?

I have CIPC 8.6.6 crashing, on many installs, in:

faulting module name: MediaTermination.dll

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x00076480

Faulting Process id: 0xecc

pity the DDT doesnt have more useful information in it. I guess I'll open a TAC case.

5 Replies 5

tim.adams.r
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. Attached the log files.

Riverascourtesy
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a copy of 8.6.6.1 they care to share with me please? Our environment is also impacted by this bug. I tried downloading form the google drive however it was blocked.

Here at a site i'm supporting i have one user who is having this issue.  I wonder if it also has to do with certain windows 10 builds.  This user has W10 version 1803 i believe.  Before he got some windows updates it was working well for him.  So possibly a microsoft issue but still mainly on cisco's end just generally looking at it.  I have tried 8.6.6.1 and it still crashes on him.  It doesn't crash every day but more like a few days in a row when it's really bad or every other day when it's behaving a little better.  It's a nightmare for him at this point because like the bug states, the app will fail to restart.  He restarts his machine when it crashes which is the only way to get the app back up and running.  Very frustrating for the user and myself.

What event logs do you see in the event viewer at the time of the crash? Also, is the user on VPN, wired or wireless?

I have not checked the event viewer yet.  I know the user is on connected to the LAN here through ethernet.  he had given me the problem report file.  all i know is on the wired and it started happening after the upgrade from 1709 to 1803