cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvf24186 - C2960X- switch failed to boot with IOS version 152-2.E5 and 15.2(4)E4 - 3

MannyLenis2859
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I just experienced this myself.  I was upgrading a WS-C2960X-48FPS-L from 15.0(2)EX4 to 15.2(4)EX6.  My switch would hang on:

extracting front_end/front_end_ucode_info (43 bytes)

and it would just stay there.  I pulled the power cable and nothing .  Issue was apparently still there.  I called Cisco TAC and with them on the phone I pulled the power cable again and this patiently waited.  Switch came up and already running on the new version.  My suggestion is if you run into the same issue, pull the power cable and just wait.  If it gets passed the lines referenced above, you should be good to rock.  Hope this helps anyone out there.

manny 

1 Reply 1

Hallo,

we have the same issue, even after cold-rebooting the switch many times, it still hangs. furthermore we opened a TAC case and the TAC engineer also advised to cold-reboot the switch, we did nothing happened. so you were lukcy :).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: