cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvn81743 - PI 3.4 email report not working

riwakefi
Level 1
Level 1

We've run into this issue, mailhost is configured and testing fine, but Save and Email breaks, 3.4.1U1.

Unfortunately, the work around (Use the Save and Export option or set the scheduled job to write to disk.) also does not work. We get:

"Failed to save report to disk." although we can go into ADE-OS and Shell and see the report was generated just fine, and TFTP it off manually. 

Is it possible the Save and Export behavior is also related to this bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have just installed installed PI 3.4.1 Update 02  and this has resolved my issues, hopefully, it will resolve your issues also.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ARP On
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are also experiencing this problem, if I Save and Export a relatively small file (2KB) it manages to email the data successfully. Unfortunately, anything slightly larger does fail and has the error message 'failed to save report to disk'. I was thinking it is perhaps lack of memory to cache the file from our side.

Regards

We had that as a thought also. Tried a shut down and reboot to free up some memory, but still have the "Failed to save report to disk" error when trying a Save and Export Report. Not that memory isn't potentially related, but going from almost 500M free to almost 3G free didn't seem to make a difference. 

Before:

primewifi# show mem
total memory:  24605836 kB
free memory:        485476 kB
cached:             4086760 kB
swap-cached:     266676 kB

rebooted, after:

primewifi# sho mem

total memory:   24605836 kB

free memory:     2795408 kB

cached:             4048516 kB

swap-cached:               0 kB

I have just installed installed PI 3.4.1 Update 02  and this has resolved my issues, hopefully, it will resolve your issues also.

Update 2 seemed to fix ours as well. Thanks for the heads up. 

Excellent, I am pleased it worked for you as well
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: