cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvp94349 - cat9300 crashed with PuntInject Keepalive Process

JT43
Level 1
Level 1

C9300-48P, I have 10 of these switches and all except one are OK.

One at ios 17.6.1r[fc2] keeps counting to "keepalive not received for 300 seconds" then crashes to "iosxe_infra2-fatal_no_punt_keepalive" then message "critical process crash" appears and sometimes (but not always) reboots. 

How do I fix this please?

John Turner

4 Replies 4

Hello,

The known fixed release for this bug CSCvp94349  is Fuji-16.9.2.  If you are at 17.6.1r either is not this Bug or Cisco did not fix the Bug (Both alternative is possible).
  If I were you I  would move to .17.06.04.

JT43
Level 1
Level 1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" />&lt;!--&lt;br&gt;/* Font Definitions */&lt;br&gt;@font-face&lt;br&gt; {font-family:"Cambria Math";&lt;br&gt; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}&lt;br&gt;@font-face&lt;br&gt; {font-family:Calibri;&lt;br&gt; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}&lt;br&gt;/* Style Definitions */&lt;br&gt;p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal&lt;br&gt; {margin:0in;&lt;br&gt; font-size:11.0pt;&lt;br&gt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}&lt;br&gt;a:link, span.MsoHyperlink&lt;br&gt; {mso-style-priority:99;&lt;br&gt; color:blue;&lt;br&gt; text-decoration:underline;}&lt;br&gt;.MsoChpDefault&lt;br&gt; {mso-style-type:export-only;}&lt;br&gt;@page WordSection1&lt;br&gt; {size:8.5in 11.0in;&lt;br&gt; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}&lt;br&gt;div.WordSection1&lt;br&gt; {page:WordSection1;}&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following command: 

1. sh version
  2. dir flash:
  3. dir crashinfo:
  4. dir flash:core
  5. dir flash:tracelogs

JT43
Level 1
Level 1

TAC concluded that this is a hardware fault and they kindly replaced the switch.