cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwd26360 - Dynamic interface template not binding on C9300L

siiiilky
Level 1
Level 1

I'm hitting what appears to be this bug, bug says terminated which I think means it won't be fixed?

Anybody else use interface-templates on 17.6.4 successfully?

5 Replies 5

Marcel Gross
Level 1
Level 1

we have it too. 17.3.6 seems not affected. 17.6.4 & 17.9.2 have the problem.

Loveglove
Level 1
Level 1

We seem to be experiencing this issue since we upgraded to 17.6.3 and subsequently since we've updated to 17.6.4. It doesn't happen on all interfaces, but when it does happen the only way we can get around it is by migrating the affected user to a different switchport, that seems to temporarily relieve the problem.

ADDITIONAL EDIT 01/12/2023 :- I can confirm that rolling our 9300 switches back to version 17.3.5 has resolved all of our connectivity issues. I have no idea why they've set the status of the bug to terminated, it's definitely an issue that needs looking into more thoroughly. At least the roll back to 17.3.5 is a working workaround, albeit shouldn't be.

Hi

We found a workaround. We configured "access-session interface-template sticky timer 5" in global config mode. This resolved the issue for us with 17.6.4, at least in our lab environment. Attention: if you try to apply this command within the template it will migrate the config to ibns 2.0 style. In global config mode it doesn't do that.

Applying the command in global mode also added two new defaults to our template on one switch but not on another (we don't know why, one difference are installed SMU, they have the same version) :

no authentication periodic
authentication timer reauthenticate 3600

so you need to verify if this will overwrite something you have configured on the interface that will get the template.

We checked our switches with 17.3.6 and they do work just fine, even without this command (they show "

no access-session interface-template sticky" with show run all)

It may be just a coincidence but our issue started with 17.6.4 and we found this bug here that seems to have a fix starting with 17.6.4: https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwb14888
We noticed the same error message from that bug in the console when we had these template issues: Command rejected: An interface must be configured to the "Access" or "Trunk" modes to be configured to "NoNegotiate."

I hope this helps.

*Update 9.5.23. TAC told me that bug terminated because this sticky timer seems recommended per documentation. In short, the  access-session interface-template sticky command solved the issue for us and so far no negative impact otherwise. (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ibns/configuration/15-e/ibns-15-e-book/ibns-autoconf.html)

BR
Marcel

hans randlov
Level 1
Level 1

We have a TAC case about this issue, sice we are using interface-templates in SDA to change mode from access to trunk for selected devices
The workaround was to change the general command  Access-session interface-template sticky timer from 30 sec to 60 sec.
I have asked why the sudden change from 17.3.4 to 17.6.5 , but im still waiting for an answer

Hi,

Have you received your answer yet?