cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwe28201 - Room Bar Losing CEC Connection with Samsung Displays

Lvereggen
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if there is an update regarding this. RoomOS 11.2 nor 11.3 was able to solve this issue.

11 Replies 11

natalie.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a Community discussion thread about this a little while ago and didn't know it was a bug!

AVInstaller
Level 1
Level 1

Also requesting some kind of update to this as we have really been having issues between Cisco Devices and Samsung Displays, even though the Samsung Displays are "Cisco Certified".  Hopefully someone at Cisco can provide some kind of update regarding this bug. 

mwbobo
Level 1
Level 1

I am having Auto wake issues with my Cisco Codec EQs and Samsung display QB85.  Once they go to overnight sleep, they dont auto wake the next morning.  Once I power them on in the morning, they typically will auto wake during the work day, but will fail again after sleeping overnight.

natalie.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Codec Plus output to an Epson projector having this issue.  Have been troubleshooting this for >6 months now.  When on ce9.15 it was not an issue.  After updating to RoomOS (initially 10, now 11.5.2.4) this started happening.  Reboot fixes every time.  Also had a Room Bar do this randomly last week - was installed May 2023 and no problem until Feb 2024.  Since rebooting, hasn't occurred again.  So it is not persistent on the Room Bar.  The Room Bar which initially had this issue hasn't had it since the first month.  I'm working with Cisco daily on the projector problem and will advise if any outcome.

natalie.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

Can you all please advise if you have any Barco Clickshares attached to your codecs?  Or other screen sharing unit?  Just a random troubleshooting step.

Hi Natalie, I do not have any wireless sharing present at this time, just an HDMI connection with Extron RX/TX in between.

Thanks - it's just another thing we want to rule out.

HI Natalie,

We are having this same issue and we are using Barco Clickshares.  The issue seems to be more prevalent on the QM55s.  We setup auto wake schedules on the displays for every hour during a work day.  But still have reports that the first wakeup for the day doesnt work.

Hi @emaltba Can you please tell me a bit more about this?  We just use HDMI CEC to turn on all screens (my earlier example above with a projector is an exception).  So there should not be a need for any settings on the Samsung other than enabling HDMI-CEC (the setting might be called Anynet+).  The issue is that, when the Navigator is touched to wake the codec from standby, everything else wakes (camera, microphone, and you can see the camera image in webgui), and even the HDMI Output to the monitor is sort of working, but a blank/black image.  Rebooting resolves 100% of the time.  It is not always Samsung monitors - I have replicated this with a Dell PC monitor & projectors.  We can tell that the codec is trying to output something because in the webgui under Settings > Status > Video we can see the connected device, resolution etc. and the screen is NOT in standby, but there is no image.

It would be great to get lots of detail from everyone's examples so help Cisco identify if it is a bug related to a "deep sleep" standby of the codec.

Thanks for you prompt response.  I didnt look for the setting of Anynet+  or I just dont remember, I am no longer on customer site.  That is a good idea to check the WebGui's response as well, when we wakeup the Navigator.  But our issue is somewhat different in that the display never turns on, no backlight or any response comes from waking up the Navigator.  And yes physically powering on the display does resolve it 100% of the time as well as setting "wakeup times" for every hour on the display's settings.  However the customer said, first thing in the morning there is still a need to physically power up the display.   My manager was just at the Crestron Masters and said multiple attendees reported the same issues with CEC.  In response Crestron suggested using their HD-CTL-101 display controller.  "This can also be easily paired with a occupancy sensor without custom programming. EDID Management is included so this will solve for multiple display configs"

The customer wasnt thrilled with this response as the device is $450, but liked the idea of using it in their exec rooms.  

natalie.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

FWIW - he is a screenshot of the projector room - projector is on, codec is awake, codec has active input source (Barco Clickshare), but no signal is coming through to the projector.  Have tried changing resolutions, by-passing Tx/Rx, replaced codec with another Cisco Codec Plus - all same outcome.  Reboot resolves.

Orange CH No Signal.png