Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwe66293

mikael.andre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community team,

Do you have any information regarding this bug ID CSCwe66293 ? Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

Note that its Severity is “6 Enhancement”, which means that Cisco Engineering is not looking at this behavior as a “bug” per se.  That is, from Engineering’s viewpoint, the product is working as designed and this CDETS ID represents a request to enhance the original behavior. Feature enhancements are pushed by Sales account teams into Product Marketing, which prioritizes enhancement requests back to Engineering. 

Bottom line: contact your account team to ask them to push an enhancement request associated with this CDETS ID. Your request will carry more weight if you tie it to an upcoming purchase, as there are always more enhancement requests in the backlog than Engineering resources to deliver them. 

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you are looking for Fixed Releases then contact TAC , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

mikael.andre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In bug ID, there is no fixed release. 

bugID.png

- Please read my first reply again,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I already read your first message thank you. I try to follow these rules before opening case on TAC:

• First, I ask and challenge community.
  • Then, I open a case. 

-Good practice ! 

M.

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

Note that its Severity is “6 Enhancement”, which means that Cisco Engineering is not looking at this behavior as a “bug” per se.  That is, from Engineering’s viewpoint, the product is working as designed and this CDETS ID represents a request to enhance the original behavior. Feature enhancements are pushed by Sales account teams into Product Marketing, which prioritizes enhancement requests back to Engineering. 

Bottom line: contact your account team to ask them to push an enhancement request associated with this CDETS ID. Your request will carry more weight if you tie it to an upcoming purchase, as there are always more enhancement requests in the backlog than Engineering resources to deliver them. 

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO