Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwj34753 - MAP is reflecting back client unicast traffic

carstenp
Level 1
Level 1

Dear people at Community,

A few thoughts and questions about bug CSCwj34753.

Cisco classified this bug as severity Moderate? Well, from my point of view it is a Catastrophic bug.
It is like buying a new car and the Vendor says: Ok, two of the 4 Wheels are not turning, but this applies only if you move the car - it is a Moderate bug. HaHa - we laughed a lot.

Did the people at Cisco TAC forget how a Layer 2 Switch is operating? The same MAC at different interfaces on the same Switch leads into a serious connection failure, at least into a err-disabled interface, which is really annoying if this happens at the remote side with the MAP.

So here are my Questions:

Nearly all WLAN Hardware Access-Points provided by Cisco (Aironet and Catalyst) are affected. Why is there no bugfix for installations regarding 8.10 Images?

Why is TAC not able to provide a Workaround? Are they not anymore interested in smooth operating networks? Simply work with Port-Security and all could be fine.

Who is responsible for the ongoing network outages, generating a lot of costs by a not or a bad operating network?

How can I explain to a customer that he has to buy a new equipment, because Cisco is not able to build functional network devices?
And should I propose Cisco hardware again? I guess, that the customer does not want to buy Cisco hardware anymore.

By the way: This bug sure applies also to AP1562 Series configured as a Workgroupbridge (WGB).

Regards
Carsten

0 Replies 0