Views
Helpful
Replies

Drag n Drop Bug with Packet Tracer v8

raphaelluethy
Level 1
Level 1

Hy,

For my university course, we are tasked to use the Cisco Packet Tracer version 8. We got the task to place a router and put a module from the list on the left-hand side in to a given slot of the router.

There I got an issue, neither with my trackpad or Magic mouse, I'm unable to "Drag" the Module into the slot. I reinstalled the Software - didn't fix the issue. I tried the project with my Windows machine and everything worked fine, but since I only got a MacOS Laptop this will be an issue.
When I click on the module, not even the "Liftoff" animation happens, as if I never clicked on it. (I tested different mice and with the trackpad, nothing happened)

Is there a workaround/possible fix?
I use MacOS Version 11.2

Other Students also experienced this bug randomly, some do some don't -  we weren't to pinpoint the issue sadly.

Hope someone can help me out

Cheers

20 Replies 20

I was having the same issue. My problem was with the privacy. The cisco app could only make changes to files in my documents directory or desktop folder. The Cisco packet tracer was installed in my Macbook folder. I just moved the entire packet tracer folder to documents folder and then I can drag the NIC card away from the laptop and the plus sign will show in the margin. Hope this helps.

sudipta.glocal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody ..this issue is mainly due to a missing accessibility permission in MacOS.  I made a step by step solution for the issue. 

kindly let me know if it solves your issue.

Steps:-

1. Install Cisco Packet tracer 8.xx 

2. Go to Mac System settings

3. Go to Security and Privacy 

4. Select the Privacy tab and Accessibility section and follow the steps as shown in the screenshots

sudiptaglocal_0-1634064798690.png

sudiptaglocal_1-1634064798569.png

sudiptaglocal_2-1634064798530.png

5. And finally select the checkmark on Cisco Packet Tracer checkbox .

sudiptaglocal_3-1634064798839.png

You should be able to add modules from now on.

Thanks & regards

-Sudipta Mazumdar

Yes!! Fixed it!!

Many many thanks - was driving me nuts!

CPT truly is a buggy POS, utter nonsense

Thanks for fixing my problem

Honestly better off with gns

Arehandoro
Level 1
Level 1

None of the provided solutions fixed it for me.

EDIT: Never mind, a restart of the laptop did it!

Thanks!

Great