cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report execution failed due to time out after 180 seconds. Please...

GirijeshKumar
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting below error for custom reports that takes more than 3 minutes to return result.

Report execution failed due to time out after 180 seconds. Please try again or increase the timeout using CLI.

I looked around to check which CUIC parameter to increase but could not get. 

On browsing more, I came across this bug(CSCvu95051) that says:

Symptom: Report execution fails with below error: 'Cannot execute the report as report execution timed out. Please try again' Conditions: CUIC 12.5 and Report query execution takes > 3min on the database

Workaround: NA

The error message is different but behavior seems to be the same.

Need experts suggestion to know which CUIC parameter to increase via CLI. Or if there is any work around for this problem. 

I see this error on CUIC 12.5 and not on CUIC 10.5 for the same custom report(taking more than 3 minutes to return result)..

4 Replies 4

GirijeshKumar
Level 1
Level 1

The error 'Report execution failed due to time out after 180 seconds. Please try again or increase the timeout using CLI' can be due to a CUIC property 'report-query-timeout'. This timeout can be increased via below steps:

Steps to set CUIC report-query-timeout properties:

1. Login to CUIC CLI

2. Run below command

admin: set cuic properties report-query-timeout 240 // In this command 240 is the timeout value to be set.
    cuic.query.timeout has been updated // After running the above command successfully, you would see this line.

Note: This command requires a restart of Intelligence Center Reporting Service. Ensure that this command is executed on all nodes in the cluster.

Once service restart is done and you run the CUIC report, you should see the error 'Report execution failed due to time out after XXX seconds. Please try again or increase the timeout using CLI' only after XXX seconds where XXX is the new timeout set. In our above command, it is 240.

In my case, I was able to get this sorted out and hope you too would be.

@GirijeshKumar your solution helped me too =))

chandaet
Level 1
Level 1

@GirijeshKumar Can we set timeout more than 240 secondes. Please advise for this. 

I found the solution, system able to increase timeout to 3600 seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: