cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP operational state bring up is successful. message not sent to VTY sessions or AUX port

aromn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On a Cisco IOS router, when the sccp command is configured, the following message is sent to the console port:

SCCP operational state bring up is successful

However, this message is not sent to telnet or ssh sessions via VTYs, or to AUX ports

Is this a bug?

I tested it on:

2821 router running IOS Version 12.4(24)T6 with ADVENTERPRISEK9 feature set

2801 router running IOS Version 12.4(24)T6 with SPSERVICESK9 feature set

2801 router running IOS Version 12.4(24)T6 with ADVENTERPRISEK9 feature set

2921 router running IOS Version 15.2(3)T

2851 router running IOS Version 12.4(24)T6 with ADVENTERPRISEK9 feature set

VG224 analog voice gateway running IOS Version 15.1(3)T1

7206VXR router with NPE-400, running IOS Version 15.1(4)M4 with ADVENTERPRISEK9 feature set

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would say that is a (minor) bug.  An IOS programmer SHOULD have sent the mesage to the logging engine, but sometimes a programmers might write a message directly to console for internal diagnostics during development, even though this is not the best practice.

They should either remove that message before shipping the code, or make an appropriate call to the logging engine to report the event through standard logging mechanisms.

Please engage the TAC in order to get a bug filed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would say that is a (minor) bug.  An IOS programmer SHOULD have sent the mesage to the logging engine, but sometimes a programmers might write a message directly to console for internal diagnostics during development, even though this is not the best practice.

They should either remove that message before shipping the code, or make an appropriate call to the logging engine to report the event through standard logging mechanisms.

Please engage the TAC in order to get a bug filed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: