cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any books out there for building software for a Data Center?

hfakoor222
Spotlight
Spotlight

I want to see if I can build software for data centers. So far I do full stack development with Python only. I just finished something where I built several multi vendor scripts that were called in by a connection class that used various drivers to connect and run code against devices - modifiying threads and which script to run  via CLI.

I want to learn how to build software for data centers but don't have much experience in this field, and even less in building code for various data centers. Can anyone direct me to books to build this type of software (something that goes beyond or different that automation scripting?). For example books on machine learning at data centers, monitoring power usage, SDN (I have no experience in this), even network automation? I don't mind if the book is in another programming language, I know a several of the workhorse Python libraries are built on C, and so I imagined at some point I would have to begin to try and learn another language.

Currently I am reading this, 

Python Networking Solutions Guide: Leverage the Power of Python to Automate and Maintain your Network Environment 

and so I think something outside of automation would fit my needs.

5 Replies 5

hfakoor222
Spotlight
Spotlight

Bump

hfakoor222
Spotlight
Spotlight

Bump

hfakoor222
Spotlight
Spotlight

Bump.

On a side note, on quora I read GO was good for creating networking software because of Protobuffs and the built-in concurrency (which python has anyway) so maybe I should look into that. Beyond that I'm imagining GO is faster ith memory than Python so I wouldn't be surprised if there were GO SDN books out there.

hfakoor222
Spotlight
Spotlight

Bump. Looking for software books that will help me build software for network engineers.

hfakoor222
Spotlight
Spotlight

Bump