cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Center and download entitlements for EOL equipment?

allpoints
Level 1
Level 1

I am a bit confused with the Software Center policy of requiring download entitlements for EOL equipment.

I have noticed that for equipment where you cannot obtain a new service attachment or even renew an

existing support contract (2600 routers for example), you cannot download any software.   

Is there a way to purchase entitlements or otherwise download software for this type of equipment ? 

If not, why does the software center still let you search for and display software versions for this EOL equipment?

thanks,

-Matt

1 Reply 1

jeredavi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matt,

I agree this can be confusing.  When a device goes past the end-of-life date, Cisco policy is that we will not host or make available software past that date.  In your example of the 2600, that date was April 26, 2008.  So since service cannot be renewed or attached, that software (which requires a service contract) should not be available on Cisco.com.

The intention is that this software will be removed from Cisco.com when applicable.  But, sometimes that doesn't happen so it appears as though it can be downloaded.  Cisco doesn't have a service offering that allows for obtaining software for EOL products.

I'll look into the example you gave and see if software needs to be un-published in that instance.  If you run across those, feel free to let us know via the web-help@cisco.com email alias.

Hope this helps,

Jeremy Davis

Entitlement Theater Lead, the Americas

Cisco Services Entitlement Field Operations

Cisco Systems, Inc