Views
Helpful
Replies

Speaker Track60

christiangrant1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I'm having trouble getting the SpeakerTrack60 to follow a speaker whilst in a VC call. It is part of a SX80 system, there are also 2 ceiling Mics connected to the SX80. 

Whether in a call or not, the speakerTrack doesn't track. I have looked iknto the config of the codec and made sure everything is turned on.

My thought is the 2 additional mics might be confuseing it in some way. Would this be right?

Thanks for your time

Christian 

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly, your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Cisco Cafe where you've posted.  I'd suggest you move your discussion there.

If you do a search in that section, there are a number of discussions already on the SpeakerTrack cameras.

In short, NO, the extra microphones do not affect the functionality of the SpeakerTrack - they're purely for audio in to the SX80 endpoint.  The SpeakerTrack camera only uses its internal microphone array to locate who is speaking.

If it's not working properly, make sure you check everything is connected as per the SpeakerTrack 60 Installation Guide.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.