Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point to DNAC port 443

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Hi DNAC community,

When adding a 9800 WLC to DNAC, I can see that the APs also try to establish a HTTPS connection Port 443 to DNA Center.

As far as I know, only iCAP using Port 32656 is documented and in use.

What's the purpose of the port 443 communication between the AP and DNAC?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- APs may provide native data to DNAC , in context of AP management on DNAC ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

rahul852e3
Level 1
Level 1

To establish a connection between an Access Point (AP) and Cisco DNA Center (DNAC) using port 443, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. Ensure both the Access Point and Cisco DNA Center are properly configured and operational.

2. Check that the AP is associated with the correct site and network profile in Cisco DNA Center.

3. Verify that both the Access Point and Cisco DNA Center can communicate over the network. Make sure there are no firewall rules blocking communication on port 443.

4. The Access Point should be provisioned and managed through Cisco DNA Center. This includes having the correct AP model supported by Cisco DNA Center.

5. In the AP's settings or configuration, specify Cisco DNA Center as the management platform with the appropriate IP address or hostname.

6. The Access Point should be able to reach the Cisco DNA Center's IP address (or hostname) on port 443 for secure communication and management.

7. Once the AP successfully connects to Cisco DNA Center, it will be visible in the DNAC dashboard and can be managed from there.

Please note that the specific steps and details may vary depending on the versions of the Access Point and Cisco DNA Center software being used. Always refer to the official documentation and guidelines from Cisco for the most accurate and up-to-date information on setting up and managing Access Points in Cisco DNA Center.