cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I run a single Catalyst 9115AXI without any DNA subscriptions ?

tom fischer
Level 1
Level 1

I want an AP with 802.1x for my home, so can I use a

Catalyst 9115AXI with EWC

without any external dependencies, subscriptions ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/q-and-a-c67-743152.html

>....

Q.  What are the licensing requirements for the Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points?
A.  Licensing requirements for the EWC depend on a customer’s use case. Use cases can be:

1.     A Cisco DNA subscription license is not required if a customer wants to manage Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points using the smart dashboard or a mobile app. The Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points purchased without a Cisco DNA subscription can run perpetually in Network Essentials mode.

2.     A Cisco DNA subscription is required if a customer has a distributed deployment and wants to manage multiple EWC networks from Cisco DNA Center for automation and assurance, or if they are interested in advance resiliency features (such as SMU, APSP, and APDP). Every access point that connects to Cisco DNA Center requires a Cisco DNA license.

Q.  How can I buy Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points without a Cisco DNA subscription license?
A.  To buy Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points without a Cisco DNA license, select the DNA-OPTOUT option in the Cisco DNA License selection page in Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW).
 .M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/q-and-a-c67-743152.html

>....

Q.  What are the licensing requirements for the Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points?
A.  Licensing requirements for the EWC depend on a customer’s use case. Use cases can be:

1.     A Cisco DNA subscription license is not required if a customer wants to manage Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points using the smart dashboard or a mobile app. The Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points purchased without a Cisco DNA subscription can run perpetually in Network Essentials mode.

2.     A Cisco DNA subscription is required if a customer has a distributed deployment and wants to manage multiple EWC networks from Cisco DNA Center for automation and assurance, or if they are interested in advance resiliency features (such as SMU, APSP, and APDP). Every access point that connects to Cisco DNA Center requires a Cisco DNA license.

Q.  How can I buy Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points without a Cisco DNA subscription license?
A.  To buy Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points without a Cisco DNA license, select the DNA-OPTOUT option in the Cisco DNA License selection page in Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW).
 .M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

tom fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your answer, this was helpful to find the correct product for me