Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9500 DNA Advantage expiring

We have a few Cisco 9500 switches Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.11.01 with the Cisco DNA advantage license that is expiring soon.

Can anyone confirm that once the Cisco DNA Advantage license expires I will still have the full usability of the Switch with the features like stacking and Layer 3? Cisco's documentation is not clear and  I've asked suppliers and they are giving completely different information.

3 Replies 3

You will lost only the DNA center features if you have it.

All other features like L3 are perpertual 

Hi,
as you know All Catalyst switches have a perpetual license (which never expires) and a subscription component (which does expire). perpetual license will work forever, and standard networking features (VLAN, STP, routing, switching, HSRP, stacking, etc.) are perpetual and never expire.

hope this will help you.

best regards,
Ehsan

richard_artes
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco's licensing model is even worse than Microsoft's. Impossible to understand, even to the reseller.

So, what features require a subscription license?

At the moment I can't find a single reason why I would renew my DNA Advantage, or Prime Infrastructure Lifecycle & Assurance.

We don't use DNA Center, and the switch Serial numbers are not in the service contract.

Richard.