cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco licensing

juandavid2789
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know if the Permanent Reservation License or Cisco PLR License is better than the Advantage. The above taking into account that I acquired the C9200L-24P-4X equipment with an Advantage license, however the provider is offering to install the PLR ​​license arguing that it has all the Advantage functionalities and is permanent. I appreciate the collaboration to know if I accept this license.

1 Reply 1

Hi

As per Cisco docs, PLR  :

PAK licenses and is mostly available for Cisco NXOS, IOS XE/XR based devices and Cisco Secure product lines."

Cisco PLR licensing is a permanent solution introduced by Cisco for highly secure network architecture where all outbound connections are limited. PLR license allows you to register all product instances along with all full features unlimited and permanently (no renewal needed) using a reservation code provided by Cisco partners. This solution is similar to traditional PAK licenses and is mostly available for Cisco NXOS, IOS XE/XR based devices and Cisco Secure product lines.

This is similar to the old Cisco licensing system where you needed to install PACs in order to license devices.  

Network Advantage makes sense if you are using  SDA architecture.

At the end of the day you must pay attention how much you are paying. Both should work if they are Cisco Partners.