Replies

Complaince Status in DNAc- Fabric and Network Profiles

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi all,

in compliance status in DNAc, i have 2 setting :

Fabric and Network Profiles

in my switch they are always not compliance in both.

i have 2 questions:-

- what are they point to ?

- how can i fix them ?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you have "traditional networking" and network-fabrics, the last is another method of network design
not compliant means the current configuration does not match the network profiles assigned to the site
 "non-compliant" is a link, if you click on it will show you more details, like:

pieterh_0-1701186512316.png

each box also contains a link, if you click on that it will show you more details
to see (and modify) your network profile goto menu -> design -> network profiles

how to correct  is not described in a simple community post , 
if you have little knowledge about both subjects, you need to study this first

View solution in original post

fabric 3 shows some template has been applied to the switchport, that they are empty (= not connected ?) is of no influence
fabric 2 and 4 show the template name that has been applied to the interface
the template currently contains a different value for the timer than applied to the port (60 vs 10) 
which indicates the template has been edited + saved + committed but NOT deployed to the switch(port)
you can either
- apply the template to the switchport
- or edit the template back + save + commit
I suggest the first, because editing the template may have effect on other ports

same for last screenshot, profile has been edited, but not applied to the access point (or to the site)
there can be multiple reasons for this

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you have "traditional networking" and network-fabrics, the last is another method of network design
not compliant means the current configuration does not match the network profiles assigned to the site
 "non-compliant" is a link, if you click on it will show you more details, like:

pieterh_0-1701186512316.png

each box also contains a link, if you click on that it will show you more details
to see (and modify) your network profile goto menu -> design -> network profiles

how to correct  is not described in a simple community post , 
if you have little knowledge about both subjects, you need to study this first

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks @pieterh for your explain.

after check i found some points i need to understand:-

for fabric , pls check images ( fabric 2 - 3 - 4 -5 )

image fabric 2 : point for what?

image fabric 3 : as some ports are empty in switch, but fabric mention them, why ?

image fabric 4: i click view details

image fabric 5 : point for what ?

------------

about network profiles:image network_profiles_2 point for WLC

why this only WLC has non compliance either there is another one compliance well ?

fabric 3 shows some template has been applied to the switchport, that they are empty (= not connected ?) is of no influence
fabric 2 and 4 show the template name that has been applied to the interface
the template currently contains a different value for the timer than applied to the port (60 vs 10) 
which indicates the template has been edited + saved + committed but NOT deployed to the switch(port)
you can either
- apply the template to the switchport
- or edit the template back + save + commit
I suggest the first, because editing the template may have effect on other ports

same for last screenshot, profile has been edited, but not applied to the access point (or to the site)
there can be multiple reasons for this

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks @pieterh 

how can i apply template to the switch ?

also how can i applied edited template to access point ?