cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create guest wireless network on flexconnect AP's

DAVID
Level 3
Level 3

I am wanting to create a guest wireless network with the following conditions.

1. Access Point (3702i) at remote location is running flexconnect to WLC running 8.2.110
  2. Guest users should obtain DHCP locally from Cisco router at site and be routed to Internet at remote site as opposed to being back-hauled to data center with one exception.
  3. Guest users should be able to use CMX connect and engage service to get initial connection to Internet after using facebook profile to access guest wifi.

My question is can this be accomplished using access points in flex-connect mode where existing AP will broadcast an additional SSID (Guest), with dhcp scope address on router for wireless clients and wireless guest clients accessing the Internet locally.

My goal is to get items 1 and 2 working successfully first before proceeding on to item 3 and implementing CMX connect and engage.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Hi @DAVID

This is perfectly doable. You can get a guide and follow through. Post here any problem.

A good tips for you to start, you're gonna  need Flexconnec ACL and this ACL needs to be applied on the AP directly or Flexconnec group. 

Besides that, an SSID with web auth, flexconnec local switching, radius server and redirect URL.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

can you point me to any cisco docs which cover these areas?