cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA is making changes to configuration our estate I do not understand

desmond.cassidy
Level 1
Level 1

For those familiar with Cisco DNA  I re-added at network setting an AAA server.

This was to progress a TAC case I had hoped to target one particular device. Unfortunately it not only target that device. It also initiated a configuration change on the ISE for  21 Cisco devices. Why!!!!! 

What do I need to understand or check why these 21 devices suddenly had the attention of DNA and ISE on them.

What can be done to restore my confidence in DNA ?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...What can be done to restore my confidence in DNA ?
 - Perhaps you initiated a wrong command sequence on DNA , having impact on more devices then intended ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Quite possible, in network settings I added a AAA server hoping only to effect change on one device. Approximately 13 devices were then checked for adaption. What identified these 13 for change.

>...What identified these 13 for change
 - Probably best is to take (detailed) diff(s) from previous (backed up) running config on these devices and check if changes made by DNA were legitimate or not.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add. If you wanted to just change once device while working with TAC, you should have made the change manual or automate by other means. This way you are only touching one device and working with TAC to figure out the final configuration or change. 
you probably changed a global or site configuration that automatically pushes that change. That is what you should do after TAC and yourself identified what needs to happen to resolve the issue. 
If you are not familiar with DNAc then do not make changes unless you know 100% what that change in DNAc does. 
it’s not your fault, but DNAc is to help with device configuration and templates which is very different from like Prime Infrastructure where you can identify what device and validate before the push. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

to provide more clear response, we need more information like where changes were done, whether those devices have any commonality, any config preview was done etc. 

from your description, it looks like you have done aaa settings change in network design page. This indicates that changes were done at site or building or floor or global level for aaa settings. These changes will be pushed to all devices in that site/building/floor. 

DnAC provides configuration preview before every provisioning task. It would be better to preview the config before it is pushed to devices.