Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC and AP problems.

peter.hoegh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all
We have a Cisco DNA Center (working well) and a WLC 9800. My Access Points is Catalyst 9120AXI-E. I looks like it is working fine and i am learning something new every day. The problem of today is that i am in need of removing some AP's from the Inventory in DNAC. That seems to be difficult (it's probably just me) but when i try to remove the AP i get a error. I have attached a file containing the screendump. 

I go through the standard way "Action"-"Inventory"-"Delete Device" on the device, which is marked. 

The AP' is active and working fine and my WLC and DNAC is "talking" to each other and updating AP's in general. Do i need to take the AP offline in some way, before i can delete it? or what am i missing. Any clues would be much appreciated.

Regards.
Peter  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello JPavonM
Thanks for answering. Yes, of course. We use the DHCP option 43 and point to the WLC, so they connect directly to the 9800. The AP' i am talking about is moved from another location, and is already provisioned so all i need to do is to provision the device again, and all is in order. 

Regards
Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

You cannot remove an AP from Inventory as they are been learned through the WLC.

Why do you need to remove them from there? 

Hello JPavonM
Thanks for answering. Yes, of course. We use the DHCP option 43 and point to the WLC, so they connect directly to the 9800. The AP' i am talking about is moved from another location, and is already provisioned so all i need to do is to provision the device again, and all is in order. 

Regards
Peter