Helpful
Replies

DNAC API: Add IP Pool In SDA Virtual Network, issue with INFRA_VN

Taniadv
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Hope you are well.

For a customer of ours we are trying to automate the task of assigning IP Pools to VNs.

I am using this api dna/intent/api/v1/business/sda/virtualnetwork/ippool and it works fine with all other VNs. However, when I try to assign the AP and ExtendedNode IP Pools to INFRA_VN, I keep getting the following response. The AP and ExtendedNode IP Pools are reserved in that particular fabric site. 

{
"virtualNetworkName": "INFRA_VN",
"ipPoolName": "ExtNode-601",
"trafficType": "Data",
"authenticationPolicyName": "Name",
"scalableGroupName": "",
"isL2FloodingEnabled": true,
"isThisCriticalPool": false,
"poolType": "Extended"
}

{
"status": "failed",
"description": "Make sure given ip pool is created in SDA Fabric.",
"executionStatusUrl": "https://XYZ/api/dnacaap/v1/dnacaap/management/execution-status/xxx"
}

If I add them manually, and then try to use the API, I still get the same response while I was expecting the following (like it happens with all the other VNs):

{
"status": "failed",
"description": "This IP Pool already assigned to a Virtual Network.",
"executionStatusUrl": "https://xxx/api/dnacaap/v1/dnacaap/management/execution-status/xxx"
}

Wondering what I might be missing?

Moreover, do you know how can we enable the option IP Directed Broadcast? I tried to pass it in the body, it does not complain but it also does not do anything with it. 

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I apologize, I should have asked this sooner - is this a multi-site deployment with the same VN name being used in multiple sites (INFRA_VN will obviously be the same - but these other VNs that you're seeing errors for, are they the same too)? If yes, you're hitting another bug - CSCvy12382. Currently, the API code uses the name of the VN to determine the site hierarchy, which is why it fails with when the same VN exists in multiple sites. This is being enhanced to include site hierarchy as well.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aninda Chatterjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you certain the IP Pool name is correct and assigned/reserved for that site? I used the same request payload and it worked for me (on DNAC 2.1.2.6):

[
{
"virtualNetworkName": "INFRA_VN",
"ipPoolName": "HQ_Group2_Type1",
"trafficType": "Data",
"authenticationPolicyName": "AP_Pool1",
"scalableGroupName": "",
"isL2FloodingEnabled": true,
"isThisCriticalPool": "false",
"poolType": "Extended"
}
]

Having said that, I see issues with this API (particularly for AP/extended nodes). There's no need for isThisCriticalPool, isL2FloodingEnabled, scalableGroupName and trafficType. These are not parameters you would use when reserving an IP pool for INFRA_VN. I will file some bugs to clean this up.

Hi Aninda,

Thank you for your reply. 

I checked the pool(s) name and they are correct.

I went ahead and re-created that fabric site. If I perform the task to assign the IP Pools to the VN in DNAC GUI I can see all of them there, and I can assign them with no problem. Moreover, we tried with other fabric sites and noticed that error now also appears in other VNs. There is no pattern to it that it stood out. 

By this message: "Make sure given ip pool is created in SDA Fabric". 

To confirm it would be to check if the subpools are reserved under the correct site and if they appear in the GUI as an option to be selected if we would to perform the task manually. Am I missing something that could be causing this behaviour? 

Thanks.

I apologize, I should have asked this sooner - is this a multi-site deployment with the same VN name being used in multiple sites (INFRA_VN will obviously be the same - but these other VNs that you're seeing errors for, are they the same too)? If yes, you're hitting another bug - CSCvy12382. Currently, the API code uses the name of the VN to determine the site hierarchy, which is why it fails with when the same VN exists in multiple sites. This is being enhanced to include site hierarchy as well.

Hi Aninda,

That is correct, this is a multi-site deployment.

Appreciate your help and information.