cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC appliance resetting or factory reset

naresh1986
Level 1
Level 1

We installed DNAC with pre drafted network settings. but these should be useless now. So we trying to erase build it from scratch. i have used maglev-config reset command but it didnt work. i try to change boot options, so try to prioritise UEFI but accidentally deleted bus33 dev00 boot. when im trying to boot its going to shell mode. could you please specify how to go to reset it to factory settings and configure from the start. Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi @naresh1986 

I believe you should start from scratch. I mean, download a new DNAC center image , go to the UCS CIMC and build a new DNAC server.

Seach for "Reimage the Appliance" on the link below.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-3/install_guide/2ndgen/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_2_3_3_2ndGen/m_prepare_the_appliance_for_configuration_2_3_3_2ndgen.html#task_exk_...

naresh1986
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for advise. i have read about re imaging appliance in order to reset. but im wondering whether there is a simple solution other than this. im also puzzled about original image. when i deleted  bus33 dev00 boot option from boot up priorities, it have to boot from original image. but its went into shell mode an its blank. im not getting this. could you please share your knowledge on this. Thanks 

I see reimage as the simpler solution.   Try to fix the server installation is the complicate path.