cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC can't discover APs from 9800 SSO cluster

giantsnerd
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenario that I thought would be simple but it's not working. 

I have a 9800 cluster already configured, including SSO. The 9800 cluster has several Catalyst 9166 APs connected to it. 

I want to add the 9800 to DNAC v 2.3.3.7. I'm able to add it using Netconf, and it shows as managed. I can even get telemetry working, but DNAC absolutely refuses to discover the APs on the controller. The APs on the controller do not show in Inventory even after a manual sync. The telemetry is even showing clients connected to the APs that DNAC doesn't see on the controller! I don't know what I'm doing  wrong. All I'm trying to accomplish is get the APs in inventory so I can add them to a map and then export to Spaces. 

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...I have a 9800 cluster already configured, including SSO.
 -  Ref : https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKEWN-2480.pdf
            I don't know if this would make a difference but the document (also) states :
           >...Configure High availability through DNAC. Do not discover a 9800 HA pair into
DNAC.
                                              You may want to try that first , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

guruvignesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello giantsnerd,

If APs on your 9800 controller aren't showing up in DNAC:

1. Check Connectivity: Ensure APs can be reached from DNAC.
  2. Manual Sync: Trigger a device sync in DNAC.
  3. Verify Inventory: Check DNAC's Inventory for APs.
  4. AP Licensing: Confirm proper licensing on the controller.
  5. Check AP Association: Ensure APs are connected to the controller.
  6. Compatibility: Confirm AP models are supported by DNAC.
  7. Troubleshoot Logs: Check logs for errors or seek support.