Helpful
Replies

DNAC Client not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM

Macky05
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I facing some issue to set DNAC to send email to my mail address:

At first I thought the issue could be at the server end but looking at the error message closely, it seems the issue is at the client end (DNAC). see error message below:

Email.png

It looks like I will have to set DNAC to send anonymous mail.

Could anyone kindly give me some more direction on this ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Macky05 

The above error is being returned by your SMTP server. Error code 530 5.7.57 is typically generated if the SMTP server requires authentication. Unfortunately SMTP auth (which typically requires SSL/TLS) is not currently supported by DNA Center.

"Emails are sent from Cisco DNA Center using the SMTP protocol. Cisco DNA Center only supports cleartext SMTP for email event notifications. If you use an email server that requires SSL/TLS support, you will not be able to receive the email event notifications"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center-platform/2-3-3-0/user_guide/b_dnac_platform_ug_2_3_3/b_dnac_platform_ug_2_3_3_chapter_0101.html#id_109600 

Are you using an internal SMTP relay that can be configured to allow anonymous relay or are you using an external SMTP relay such as O365?

Will

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Macky05 

The above error is being returned by your SMTP server. Error code 530 5.7.57 is typically generated if the SMTP server requires authentication. Unfortunately SMTP auth (which typically requires SSL/TLS) is not currently supported by DNA Center.

"Emails are sent from Cisco DNA Center using the SMTP protocol. Cisco DNA Center only supports cleartext SMTP for email event notifications. If you use an email server that requires SSL/TLS support, you will not be able to receive the email event notifications"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center-platform/2-3-3-0/user_guide/b_dnac_platform_ug_2_3_3/b_dnac_platform_ug_2_3_3_chapter_0101.html#id_109600 

Are you using an internal SMTP relay that can be configured to allow anonymous relay or are you using an external SMTP relay such as O365?

Will

Hi @willwetherman ,

Thanks very much for your support. Indeed I see why is not working for me. That is because we have email server that requires TLS as a strict security policy. I will foresee the DNAC IP to be whitelisted then I can do the configuration again.

Again Thanks!

George