Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Lan automation

GoncaloContente
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

While executing the lan automation to onboard access switches. On one of the switches i am facing a weird issue which i dont have a clue to why DNAC is doing that.

During the lan automation process i am seing the following log message on the switch that is being discovered 

Oct 15 11:41:13.624: %PNP-6-PNP_BACKOFF_NOW: PnP Backoff now for (169200) seconds requested (1/3) by (profile=pnp-zero-touch, ip=10.1.1.130, port=443)

From what i understand de DNAC (PNP server) is telling the switch (PNP agent) to rest for X amount of seconds and call back later. I normaly see this message with a range of 0-59 seconds. However this message is telling the switch to wait 169200 seconds which equals to 47 hours. I have restarted the Lan automation process several times without any success and the backoff time is always equal to 47 hours. Basically what this means is that the lan automation process for this switch will take more than 47 hours. Automation at its best :-). I can do it faster

Does anyone knows why this is happening and how to solve it? 

TIA

1 Reply 1

EdwinPastoors
Level 1
Level 1

You should check the plug & play section (Menu -> Provision -> Plug & Play). In my case the switch with this serial number was already registered there and after removing it from PnP the 169200 seconds backoff timer was gone after erasing the switch and restarting LAN automation.