cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I need to Upgrade from DNAC to Catalyst Center ?

robad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have DNAC, and I heard that it's now switched into 'Catalyst Center'

1. should I upgrade DNAC to Catalyst Center ?? is it just like upgrade DNAC to a newer version ?

2. I tried to see what is my current DNAC version, but can't see it via Software Management. I see some strange error that it can't connect to "ciscoconnectdna.com" , but I see that it's not a name that answers from anywhere .....

Do you know how to solve it ?

Can I see my current version via maglev CLI ?

robad_0-1721041952299.png

thanks in advance !!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- On the first part of your question : 'Catalyst Center' is just a new naming of the product. If you are thinking of upgrading the product with whatever name used ; then for instance browse the Release Notes of the last or the version you want to upgrade to.

- As far as the connection  to "ciscoconnectdna.com" is concerned ,make sure  you have (no) local firewalling solutions
    blocking this. This could for instance be tested by putting a laptop on the same subnet as your DNAC host and then testing
   this reachability too.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- On the first part of your question : 'Catalyst Center' is just a new naming of the product. If you are thinking of upgrading the product with whatever name used ; then for instance browse the Release Notes of the last or the version you want to upgrade to.

- As far as the connection  to "ciscoconnectdna.com" is concerned ,make sure  you have (no) local firewalling solutions
    blocking this. This could for instance be tested by putting a laptop on the same subnet as your DNAC host and then testing
   this reachability too.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

robad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marce, thanks for your reply.

about question 1, I got it now - thanks !

Regarding question 2, I even don't have a ping to this name from my own laptop ..... I have no firewalls...

When giving ping from my laptop it can't resolve any IP ..... 

Do you have a ping from your own laptop to "ciscoconnectdna.com" ? or nslookup to it

- No . but when looking at https://intodns.com/ciscoconnectdna.com   there is a www record for it 
  which seems to be 'alive' ; not sure how this related to your problem.

M.

- You will find some details on the host with :  % nmap -A -P0 www.ciscoconnectdna.com
      If you intend to not read a book this evening (LOL!)

M.