cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Remove Smart License?

andy-cutright
Level 1
Level 1

I have licensed a Catalyst 8k using Smart licensing, a Product Instance Registration Token, using 'call-home'. This has worked OK. Now I want to remove the license from this instance and make it available for another instance. Here's the version information.

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.15.01a
Cisco IOS Software [IOSXE], Virtual XE Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 17.15.1a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I have invoked the command "license smart remove_trust local" which I've bee told should remove the license. As far as I can tell it hasn't. I still see the instance licensed in the Cisco Software Portal, and the instance says it's still licensed. The Cisco Software Portal also says the license(s) are in use.

Does anyone know how to remove a license from an system? I would like to do this using the cli, and with as little interaction with the Cisco Software Portal as possible. I'm planning on scripting this.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
conf t
 NO service call-home
no call-home
end
wr

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately the commands haven't changed the licensing on the instance. The licenses are still in use on the system, as shown by "show license summary"

This is the output from the configuration commands

(config)#no service call-home  
(config)#no call-home          
All configuration under call-home mode are set to default value. All profiles except CiscoTAC-1 profile are removed. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card