cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is infrastructure ready for programmability (Cisco DNA)

devilkepo74
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys and GIRLS I am making a research if the infrastucture is ready for programmability ? *For example are you guys ready to throw out Cisco 2960X to be able to use VXLAN and SDA?? *What do you guys think about new 9200 model switches? (Advatage and Essential) As far as i know Essential models are like L2 switches even if you take 9300 ? (old 3850 which is L3 or i don't understand their new system ) Please elaborate Have a great day!

1 Reply 1

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am going to provide you some info based on what I know from my experiences.  

For example are you guys ready to throw out Cisco 2960X to be able to use VXLAN and SDA?

-I can tell you right now (today) that 2960s are not supported as being compatible/supported with SDA.  Take a peek at the matrix to see compatibility: Cisco Software-Defined Access Compatibility Matrix

What do you guys think about new 9200 model switches?

-Can't really relate to this one as in our environment we run mostly 93/9500s.

(Advatage and Essential) As far as i know Essential models are like L2 switches even if you take 9300 ?

-Take a peek at the following link as it will cover all of the features and differences: Enterprise Networks Software Subscription Matrix for Switching - Cisco

old 3850 which is L3 or i don't understand their new system

-3850s can participate in an SDA deployment in the following roles: Fabric Edge, Fabric Border & Control Plane Node.  My recommendation for longevity concerns would be to go with 9k devices.  3850 EOL announcements: End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Catalyst 3850 switches - Cisco

Good luck & HTH!